Fulbright, J. William (James William), 1905-1995
Found in 29 Collections and/or Records:
Audiovisual materials, scripts, and transcripts of a television feature story called “Fulbright: 30 Years”, a 1975 retrospective on the political career of J. William Fulbright produced by James Craig Barnes.
Audio cassette tape and transcript of an interview by Bob Coxe of J. William Fulbright. The interview was conducted as part of Coxe's preparation for a documentary on Senator Joseph McCarthy. Topics discussed include McCarthy and his anti-communist efforts; Fulbright's political involvement, particularly on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Fulbright's involvement with the formation of the Fulbright Program; and the nuclear arms race.
Company ledgers, minutes, correspondence, property records, financial records, and other documents related to various Fulbright family businesses, particularly that of the J.H. Phipps Lumber Company of Fayetteville, AR.
Transcripts of interviews conducted by Bernard M. Gwertzman and Haynes Johnson with J. William Fulbright in his Washington, D.C. congressional office in 1966 as research for their 1968 book, Fulbright, the Dissenter. Topics include Fulbright's family; President Lyndon B. Johnson; Fulbright's time at Oxford and at the University of Arkansas; Fulbright's service in Congress, and his thoughts on several of his colleagues; and the Vietnam War.
Audio cassette tape containing a speech given by John Kenneth Galbraith at the University of Arkansas' Fulbright College Dedication in July 1982.
Correspondence, memoranda, clippings, campaign materials, congressional records, notebooks and other records created or received by Norvill Jones, particularly as part of his work with J. W. Fulbright and the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.
Seven U-matic video tapes featuring interviews of and programming regarding Senator J. William Fulbright that were aired on or used in programming aired on Little Rock's KTHV television station.
Typescripts of Lee Riley Powell's J. William Fulbright and America's Lost Crusade: Fulbright's Opposition to the Vietnam War and "The China Hearings: The Foreign Relations Committee as a Forum for Dissent."
The collection consists of materials related to Arkansas politician and statesman J. William Fulbright that were acquired by Bill Reifenberger as part of research for a 2006 documentary about Fulbright, Fulbright: The Man, The Mission, & The Message, for which Reifenberger served as a co-screenwriter and co-producer. Materials are primarily photographs; also included are newspaper clippings and political cartoons.
Xerox copy, on 135 leaves, of typewritten transcript of interviews conducted in Washington, D.C. in 1956 and 1957 by Columbia University's Oral History Research Office. Content pertains to Fulbright's childhood and education, to his studies at Oxford University, to his years at the University of Arkansas, to the Fulbright Act, and to his congressional career.
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 9
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 8
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 20th century 6
- Educational exchanges 3
- Political campaigns -- Arkansas 3
- College Integration -- Arkansas 2
- Exchange of persons programs 2
- International education 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 2
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – Administration 2
- Agricultural laws and legislation -- United States 1
- Anti-communist movements -- United States 1
- Civil rights -- United States 1
- Clubs -- Arkansas -- Fayetteville 1
- Communication -- Political aspects 1
- Communism -- United States 1
- Creationism 1
- Economic development -- Arkansas 1
- Education -- Arkansas 1
- Educational law and legislation 1
- Evolution (Biology) 1
- Flood control -- Arkansas 1
- Fort Chaffee (Ark.) 1
- Fulbright scholars 1
- Grocery trade 1
- Ice industry 1
- Insurance -- Arkansas 1
- Jefferson County (Ark.) 1
- Journalists -- Arkansas 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Lumber trade 1
- Mormon Church 1
- Newspapers 1
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. -- Reviews 1
- Postal service 1
- Prison reform 1
- Railroads 1
- Religion 1
- School integration -- Arkansas 1
- Segregation in education 1
- Tonkin Gulf Incidents, 1964 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Watergate Affair, 1972-1974 1 ∧ less