- Existence: 1932 - 2013
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
35mm positive microfilm, copied by Arkansas Historical Commission from original negative film produced and owned by Commission, of war-time letters written by U. S. Army officer Ernie Deane, while in military service in the United States and in Europe, to his wife, Lois K. Deane, to his parents, and to University of Arkansas professor of journalism Walter J. Lemke.
Many of the photographs were taken by professional photographers, apparently for publication in Arkansas Alumnus. Others are snapshots. Any captions on the verso of prints are enclosed in quotation marks in the picture descriptions that follow. All measurements of the prints are in inches, height given first.
The collection consists of certificates and awards pertaining to the public and private life of Vance Randolph; a typescript notebook and other notes dealing with folk sayings and greetings; published articles of and about Randolph; and clippings and photographs.
Copies of letters dated at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania July 3, September 4 and 24, 1891, and February 7, 1907, from Tebbetts to Mary B. Paddock, Fayetteville, Arkansas, pertaining to reminiscences of the Tebbetts family in Fayetteville.
Photocopy of typed letter signed, dated Dallas, TX February 9, 1967 from Ben H. Wooten to E. C. Deane, University of Arkansas News Service, regarding Wooten's role "in establishing the forerunner of the USO in Little Rock, Arkansas, in the Fall of the year 1940."
- Buffalo National River (Ark.) 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Arkansas 1
- Fayetteville (Ark.) 1
- Folk musicians -- Arkansas 1
- Folklore 1
- Folklore -- Research -- Arkansas 1
- Little Rock (Ark.) 1
- Medical personnel 1
- Nature conservation -- Arkansas -- Buffalo River -- Political aspects 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville -- Buildings 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville -- Faculty 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work 1 ∧ less