Washington County (Ark.)
Found in 60 Collections and/or Records:
Seven sets of aerial photographs created by the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department, representing the counties of Sebastian, Washington, Crawford, Garland, Grant, Hot Springs, and Saline. The photographs are 10" x 10" black-and-white photographic prints, providing coverage at a scale of 1:20,000.
One-page "Rules of decorum" followed by proceedings of monthly "conference" of the congregation, October 2, 1830 - July 1839. Record is incomplete, with pages wanting.
Letter from [Tazel] Sid[ney Williams] and [Margaret] Ellen [Campbell Williams], Titus County, Texas, 20 December 1866, to James M[cCutcheon] Campbell, [Fayetteville, Arkansas], describing the Williams's new life in Texas; family tree and notes by donor.
Letter from Tazel Sidney Williams, Titus County, Texas, to James M. Campbell, Fayetteville (Washington County), describing social and economic conditions in Reconstruction-era Texas.
The papers consist of correspondence, documents, genealogical material, and images related to the family of David Compton, Sr. (1850-1923) and his wife, Mary Eyre Haller Compton (1851-1934) as well as their sons, David Compton, Jr. (1885-1959) and William Eyre Compton (1890-1981). There is also documentation concerning the lives of Neil Ernest Compton (1912-1999) and his wife Laurene Putman Compton (1916-1991).
The collection contains papers of Washington County, Arkansas farmer and politician Wiley Durham Deen and his family. Materials include certificates of election and appointment, estate records, receipts, church membership records, and a recipe for a dropsy remedy.
The collection contains genealogical research, correspondence, photographs, property records, and other materials related to the Divelbiss and Reel families. The materials follow the ancestry of Maude Divelbiss Reel and her husband, Blanchard Frank Reel. Many materials relate to family members who lived in Washington County, Arkansas, and particularly in Elkins, Arkansas.
This collection contains materials and photographs related to the original WPA construction of Lake Wedington, as well as, the files, records, and photographs of the Friends of Lake Wedington organization from 1988 to 2002.
The collection consists of papers relating to the Frost and Boone families of Tennessee and Arkansas, particularly property and financial records. Also included are records pertaining to estates administered by Thomas Wright Frost, and records relating to the Regular Baptist Church of Washington County, Arkansas.
This collection is comprised of three published books and four ledgers dating from 1837 to 1897. The ledgers record financial transactions from the Funkhouser's store and transfers of land in Washington County, Arkansas.
The records contain scrapbooks, record books, press books, minutes, and some correspondence and photographs. Also included is a scrapbook of a club project to sponsor a Future Nurses Club, a report of the club's community improvement project of 1966-68, and a history of the club written as a club project in 1957. Most of the photographs are unidentified.
Reminiscence of Ben F. Greer pertaining to the genealogy and history of the Greer and Shannon families and to the history of Washington County. Published in Washington County Historical Society Bulletin.
The Habberton Extension Homemakers Club Records chronicles the meetings of Habberton’s local chapter of the Washington County Extension Homemakers Council. The meeting minutes include information about the clubs project activities, membership attendance, and meeting business.
Documents relating to the teaching and political career of George Winfield Hayes, Hayes family participation in the Odd Fellows organization, and to the history of public school education in Washington County, Arkansas.
Deeds, construction plans and other papers of Hendry, Washington County, Arkansas carpenter and builder, pertaining to land and buildings in Washington County and elsewhere, particularly to the contractual specifications for the construction of a brick house in Fayetteville, Arkansas for Lafayette Gregg, 1867.