Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 28
The collection consists of the papers of Arkansas writer Shirley Abbott; the bulk of the materials are related to her books The Bookmaker's Daughter and Womenfolks: Growing Up Down South, as well as to a Garland County Historical Society project about Hot Springs mayor Leo McLaughlin that Abbott was involved with. Materials include manuscripts, correspondence, reviews, research materials, and interviews.
The collection consists of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials created by and regarding Arkansas writer Bernie Babcock and her family.
When noted, collection materials are photocopies rather than originals, and are likely to have been made from originals now held by the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Center for Arkansas History and Culture.
Additional letters, business papers, literary manuscripts, newspaper clippings and photographs created or collected by Call during her career as a Eureka Springs, Arkansas, writer and life president of the Ozark Writers and Artists Guild. Correspondents include John Gould Fletcher, Charlie May Simon, Charles H. Brough, and Orval Faubus. Manuscripts include those by Thomas Elmore Lucy and Bonnie Lela Crump.
Four manuscripts of speeches and articles, including an article Ellen Maria Harrell Cantrell of Little Rock (Pulaski County) prepared for the woman's edition of the Arkansas Democrat, November 18, 1895, and the paper she presented on Arkansas Day at the Tennessee Centennial Exposition in 1897.
The papers contain handwritten and typed manuscript fragments of Risley's unpublished novels, short stories, plays, and poems. Except for a novel, The Jackson Family, a few plays, and several poems, the papers do not contain a complete version of any of Risley's writings. Most of the manuscripts are not dated but they appear to be from the 1895-1935 time period. Note that Risley often used the pen name Dosia Philips.
Materials consist of certificates, membership cards, and photocopies of France’s will, obituary, and early writings. This addendum to the Isabel France Papers (MC 1407) also includes manuscripts of Frances’ writings, photographs documenting her personal life, and newspaper clippings.
Collection includes correspondence, photographs, and book materials.
The Lost Roads Project: A Walk-in Book of Arkansas. Providence : Lost Roads Project, Brown University, 1994. "Printed by Walter Feldman for the Lost Roads Project in an edition of  numbered and signed copies of which this is number "
The collection consists of 1 copy of the portfolio (21 broadsides), containing the following texts. Each sheet (56 x 48 cm.) is printed in black, red, and/or blue on cream paper, with the same illustration printed in various colors.
The papers consist of literary manuscripts and printed material, including the preliminary draft of her book An Arkansas Childhood. A monograph Second Harvest, 1987, containing Mullen's short story "Dixon Street" was removed from the collection and placed in the library's holdings. All the manuscripts are typewritten with the exception of No. 1, which is in longhand.
Materials include nine booklets and three compact discs.
The collection includes various documents pertaining to the group's functions, in addition to materials from exhibitions, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings and publications from the national branch.
Lily Peter (1891-1991), interviewee. Ms. Peter was an Arkansas poet, farmer, and philanthropist. Oral history interview conducted by Pamela Carmell at the Peter home in Marvell (Phillips County), Arkansas, July 19-20, 1986.
Three audio cassette recordings of an interview of Eureka Springs novelist Constance Wagner, conducted by Ellen Shipley in November 1977; interview notes and bibliography cards; 1 audio cassette recording of Constance Wagner's comments to the November 1977 Women's Literature at the Regional Level class at the University of Arkansas.
- Subject: Women authors, American -- Arkansas X
- Authors -- Arkansas 24
- Poets, American -- Arkansas 3
- Baptists -- Arkansas 1
- Benton County (Ark.) 1
- Education -- Arkansas 1
- Eureka Springs (Ark.) 1
- Farm life -- Arkansas 1
- Fayetteville (Ark.) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Hot Springs (Ark.) 1
- Journalists -- Arkansas 1
- Little Rock (Ark.) 1
- Oral history -- Arkansas 1
- Poetry 1
- Siloam Springs (Ark.) 1
- Slavery -- Arkansas 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – Alumni and alumnae 1
- Winslow (Ark.) 1
- Women -- Arkansas -- Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Ozark Writers and Artists Guild 4
- Abbott, Shirley 2
- Babcock, Bernie, 1868-1962 2
- Call, Cora Pinkley, 1892-1966 2
- Fletcher, John Gould, 1886-1950 2
- France, Isabel, 1898-1963 2
- Gilchrist, Ellen, 1935- 2
- Marinoni, Rosa Zagnoni, 1888-1970 2
- Patterson, Ruth Polk, 1930- 2
- Patterson, Tracey 2
- Simon, Charlie May Hogue, 1897-1977 2
- Wagner, Constance, 1903-1984 2
- Wright, C.D. (Carolyn Davis), 1949-2016 2
- Arkansas Commemorative Commision (Little Rock, Ark.) 1
- Arkansas Folklore Society 1
- Arkansas Sesquicentennial Commission 1
- Association for the Study of Afro-American Life and History 1
- Blair, Diane D., 1938-2000 1
- Bolsterli, Margaret Jones 1
- Brody, Myron 1
- Campbell, Booth 1
- Cantrell, Ellen Maria Harrell, 1833-1909 1
- Carr, Ruth 1
- Compton, Ellen 1
- Derringer Books 1
- Duncan, Maud Dunlap, 1873-1958 1
- Eureka Springs Preservation Society (Eureka Springs, Ark.) 1
- Faubus, Orval Eugene, 1910-1994 1
- Faust, Rhoda K. 1
- Fox, Morgan 1
- France family 1
- Freid, Laurel LaVerne Jenkins 1
- Freund, Louis, 1905-1999 1
- Gatewood, Willard B., Jr. (Willard Badgett), 1931- 1
- Hall, Gladys, 1891-1977 1
- Harington, Donald 1
- Huckleberry, Vicki 1
- Jenkins, Cora Anne Stroud 1
- League of American Pen Women. Arkansas Branch 1
- Lisk, Peggy Call 1
- McLaughlin, Leo Patrick, 1888–1958 1
- Mullen, Margaret Jewell, 1909-1998 1
- Mulloy, Oda 1
- National League of American Pen Women. Northwest Arkansas Branch 1
- National League of Pen Women. Arkansas Branch 1
- Newth, Rebecca 1
- Peter, Lily 1
- Pillet-Will, Carol Reavis 1
- Pyles, Lida Wilson, 1906-2000 1
- Randolph, Vance, 1892-1980 1
- Reed, Roy, 1930-2017 1
- Risley, Eleanor De La Vergne, 1867-1945 1
- Rowland, Diane 1
- Smith, Maggie Aldridge, 1913-2006 1
- Teller, Joan W. 1
- Tomboulian, Norma 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Libraries 1
- Whitehead, James 1
- Winegard, Richard C. 1
- Winslow, Thyra Samter, 1893-1961 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1
- Writers' Program of the Work Projects Administration in the State of Arkansas 1 ∧ less