Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The collection consists of postcards and photographic prints representing a variety of scenes and events in Arkansas.
Letter dated at Napoleon, Arkansas, September 5, 1844, from Col. Cheatham, "Comdt. Desha County Regiment Arks Militia," to Hon. Samuel Adams, Governor of Arkansas, Little Rock, certifying the election, August 31, in Bayou, Bartholomew Township, of Elihu K. James, Charles Beeks, and Israel I. Montgomery as, respectively, captain, first lieutenant, and second lieutenant of the Bartholomew Township company .
Family and business papers pertaining to the Stephen W. Irby family of Desha County, Arkansas.
The Irby family papers consist almost entirely of business papers concerning the agricultural and legal concerns of Stephen W. Irby. Also included are four volumes of poetry written and copied by Mrs. Mattie E. Moore who was an employee of Irby in the early twentieth century.
The collection includes two diaries that give an interesting perspective of a woman's experience in ninteenth-century rural Arkansas, and photographs taken in Watson, Arkansas.
4 items. Copies and a transcript of a diary kept by Nannie Hudson Stillwell Jackson (1854-1908) of Desha County. Margaret Jones Bolsterli edited and wrote an introduction to the diary which has been published as Vinegar Pie and Chicken Bread: A Woman's Diary of Life in the Rural South, 1890-1891 (University of Arkansas Press, 1982).
This collection contains correspondence, maps, research materials, newspapers, photographs, audio cassettes, and other materials created or collected by James Merritt; most relate to the history of Desha County, Arkansas.
Reports, resolutions, and ordinances adopted by the town council, February 6, 1841 to February 4, 1843.
The Charlotte and Melvin Schexnayder Papers consist of the personal and professional papers of journalists Melvin and Charlotte Schexnayder; the bulk pertain to Charlotte Schexnayder, who also served as an Arkansas state representative.
The collection contains photographs of members of the Williford, Leighty, Roberson and Nuckols families ca. 1910-1920 who lived in Desha County and were presumably all related. The photographs are all identified by family members present, and occasionally by location. The photographs are arranged alphabetically by family.
- Subject: Desha County (Ark.) X
- Desha County (Ark.) 9
- Arkansas -- Social life and customs 2
- Agriculture -- Arkansas 1
- Arkansas -- Photographs 1
- Arkansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Arkansas Delta (Ark.) 1
- Cotton growing -- Arkansas 1
- Courthouses -- Arkansas 1
- Dumas (Ark.) 1
- Floods -- Arkansas 1
- Hot Springs (Ark.) 1
- Hunting -- Arkansas 1
- Journalists -- Arkansas 1
- Mississippi River 1
- Naopleon (Desha County, Ark.) 1
- Postcards -- Arkansas 1
- Sulphur Springs (Benton County, Ark.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Bolsterli, Margaret Jones 2
- Jackson, Nannie Stillwell 2
- Arkansas. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Arkansas. Militia 1
- Camden, Sharron 1
- Cheatham, Elijah 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Arkansas Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865) 1
- Irby family 1
- Irby, Stephen Warren, 1881-1962 1
- Irby, Stephen Warren, Jr. 1
- Jones, Joseph Hubbard 1
- Jones, Michael 1
- Klutts, Elizabeth Irby 1
- Merritt, James, 1907-1990 1
- Preddy, Ila Marie 1
- Ross, Susy 1
- Sailor, Vance Laird, 1894-1984 1
- Scheeper, Roberta Irby 1
- Schexnayder, Charlotte Tillar, 1923- 1
- Schexnayder, Melvin, 1920-2007 1
- Williford family 1 ∧ less