Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Photographic negatives and prints of Arkansas life and industry made from a set of slides created or collected by University of Arkansas Geosciences professor Thomas O. Graff circa 1975, along with a script used in presenting the slides.
Account ledger kept by James B. Currie, Woodruff County, Arkansas, recording merchandise transactions, a tally of cotton picked by slaves, and sales receipts. Most of the inked entries are dated 1851-1852, with pencil additions made in the later 1860s. One laid in contract fragment appears to be a sharecropper agreement dated 1867. Some of the entries made in the Civil War years appear to be sales to Confederate officers.
Family and business papers pertaining to the Stephen W. Irby family of Desha County, Arkansas.
The Irby family papers consist almost entirely of business papers concerning the agricultural and legal concerns of Stephen W. Irby. Also included are four volumes of poetry written and copied by Mrs. Mattie E. Moore who was an employee of Irby in the early twentieth century.
Cotton purchase record books kept by the John Rawlings Company of Waldron, Scott County, Arkansas. Books record producers’ names, bale weights, cotton grades, prices, and purchasers’ names. Two volumes, each 160 pp.
Chicot County, Arkansas, cotton plantation, founded by Joel Johnson in 1831. Ledger containing individual and commercial account information for those transacting business with Lakeport. The ledger was rebound from its original form, and information laying within the gutter of any individual page break may not be legible. This film is the best copy available.
Chicot County, Arkansas, cotton plantation, founded by Joel Johnson in 1831. Primarily cotton books, ledgers, and some laid-in correspondence pertaining to the operation of Lakeport Plantation under the direction of Dr. Victor M. Johnson, Joel's grandson. Arranged chronologically within topically labeled folders.
Slave deeds, cotton accounts, and other records pertaining to the Henry F. Shugart Plantation of Dallas County; 1 reel of microfilm.
Journals, ledgers, cash books, and other business records pertaining to the S.E. Tucker plantation and mercantile operation at Tucker, Jefferson County, Arkansas.
The collection consists of daily journals, account ledgers, cash books, seed books, cotton books, farm labor time books, and post office records arranged in eleven series.
- Subject: Cotton growing -- Arkansas X
- Agriculture -- Arkansas 6
- Plantations -- Arkansas 4
- Business records -- Arkansas 2
- Chicot County (Ark.) 2
- Lumber trade -- Arkansas 2
- Account books 1
- Augusta (Ark.) 1
- Banks and banking -- Arkansas 1
- Business -- Arkansas 1
- Cotton gins and ginning 1
- Cotton trade 1
- Dallas County (Ark.) 1
- Desha County (Ark.) 1
- Farm tenancy -- Arkansas 1
- Jefferson County (Ark.) 1
- Mississippi County (Ark.) 1
- Ranching -- Arkansas 1
- Rice farming -- Arkansas 1
- Scott County (Ark.) 1
- Sharecropping 1
- Slavery 1
- Slavery -- Arkansas 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wilson (Ark.) 1
- Woodruff County (Ark.) 1 ∧ less
- Lakeport Plantation 2
- Angel, Samuel 1
- Bank of Wilson (Wilson, Ark.) 1
- Currie, James B. 1
- Duke University 1
- Graff, Thomas O. 1
- Hays, Brooks 1
- Irby family 1
- Irby, Stephen Warren, 1881-1962 1
- Irby, Stephen Warren, Jr. 1
- John Rawlings Company (Waldron, Ark.) 1
- Keiser Supply Company (Keiser, Ark.) 1
- Klutts, Elizabeth Irby 1
- Lee Wilson and Co. (Mississippi County, Ark.) 1
- S. E. Tucker Plantation 1
- Scheeper, Roberta Irby 1
- Shugart Plantation 1
- Shugart, Herman H. 1
- South by Southwest Books (Fayetteville, Ark.) 1
- Southern Tenant Farmers' Union 1
- Tucker, Everett 1
- United States. Agricultural Adjustment Agency 1 ∧ less