Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
The collection consists of postcards and photographic prints representing a variety of scenes and events in Arkansas.
Positive photocopies of original documents held by the Benton County Archives. Court records showing a call for local Justice of the Peace officers to ratify secession in 1861 and to allocate money to support a home guard unit. 7 legal-size sheets.
Mounted clippings, constitution and by-laws, membership rolls, correspondence, memoranda and other manuscript, typescript, and printed material pertaining to affairs of and interests of Society and its members.
Benton County Justice of Peace court dockets in bound volumes, August 31, 1921-December 30, 1922; January 31, 1925-January 17, 1939.
Business cards, clippings, and two memoirs.
The papers consist of correspondence, documents, genealogical material, and images related to the family of David Compton, Sr. (1850-1923) and his wife, Mary Eyre Haller Compton (1851-1934) as well as their sons, David Compton, Jr. (1885-1959) and William Eyre Compton (1890-1981). There is also documentation concerning the lives of Neil Ernest Compton (1912-1999) and his wife Laurene Putman Compton (1916-1991).
Land sale indenture for purchasers A.D. Tenney, John Murphy, and Wilson [or Milton] Vale, trustees of the Harmonial Vegetarian Society of Harmony Springs (Benton County), Arkansas, and sellers James E. and Martha Spencer. Manuscript copy of an entry in Benton County Deed Book "E," pp. 340-341, probably prepared by Justice of the Peace P.V. Rhea.
Collection contains 90 pages of manuscript diary entries, commonplace notes, and penmanship exercises; two letters dated 1857; manuscript poems, and genealogical notes.
The collection includes genealogical research, family photographs, and other materials compiled by Mary Marquess that relate to the Peel and Berry families of Arkansas.
This collection consists of documents pertaining to various activities and facts of Benton County, Arkansas including a hand drawn survey map of Pea Ridge, Arkansas, a postcard from Korea, a group of warrants from Bentonville, Arkansas, and an extradition order issued by the state of Arkansas.
31 items. Photocopies of notes pertaining to George Dunbar and the Spanish Treasure Cave near Gravette (Benton County), 1908-1985. Includes two photographs of Dunbar and an oral history transcript of Gravette, Benton County residents. Collection also includes broadsides advertising an Elkins picnic (circa 1938) and Tontitown Grape Festival (circa 1975).
Letters and genealogy notes pertaining to the John Wilson Peel family of Benton County, Arkansas.
The records comprise thirty-one secretary books for the club, 1942-1986, containing meeting attendance records, minutes of the meetings, financial reports, and other records relating to the club's activities.
- Subject: Benton County (Ark.) X
- Benton County (Ark.) 16
- Arkansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Court records 2
- Sulphur Springs (Benton County, Ark.) 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Washington County (Ark.) 2
- Arkansas -- Description and travel 1
- Arkansas -- Photographs 1
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 1
- Arkansas -- Social life and customs 1
- Authors -- Arkansas 1
- Baptists -- Arkansas 1
- Baxter County (Ark.) 1
- Bentonville (Ark.) 1
- Business records -- Arkansas 1
- Communal living -- Arkansas 1
- Courthouses -- Arkansas 1
- Courts -- Arkansas 1
- Craighead County (Ark.) 1
- Craighead County (Ark.) -- Maps 1
- Deeds 1
- Desha County (Ark.) 1
- Elkins (Ark.) 1
- Environmental protection -- Arkansas 1
- Faulkner County (Ark.) 1
- Festivals -- Arkansas -- Tontitown 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gravette (Ark.) 1
- Home demonstration work -- Arkansas 1
- Horticulture 1
- Hot Springs (Ark.) 1
- Newton County (Ark.) 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) 1
- Old Spanish Treasure Cave (Ark.) 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets, American -- Arkansas 1
- Postcards -- Arkansas 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Arkansas 1
- Siloam Springs (Ark.) 1
- Union Valley Camp (Ark.) 1
- Women -- Arkansas -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Arkansas -- Washington County -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women authors, American -- Arkansas 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Compton, Ellen 2
- Compton, Neil, 1912-1999 2
- Marquess, Mary Coe Peel 2
- Anderson, Peg 1
- Arkansas Industrial University 1
- Arkansas. Home Guard Militia. Company A 1
- Arkansas. Justice of the Peace (Benton County) 1
- Benton County Circuit Court (Bentonville, Ark.) 1
- Benton County Horticultural Society 1
- Berry family 1
- Berry, Dickinson, Peel Family 1
- Britt, Hugh D., 1878-1952 1
- Compton family 1
- Freeze, Bernice 1
- Harmonial Vegetarian Society 1
- Irwin, Ray W. 1
- Kelley, Sally 1
- Langston, James H. 1
- League of Women Voters of Arkansas 1
- League of Women Voters of Baxter County (Baxter County, Ark.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Benton County (Benton County, Ark.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Craighead County (Craighead County, Ark.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Faulkner County (Faulkner County, Ark.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Washington County (Washington County, Ark.) 1
- Marquess, Mary P. 1
- McComb, Sarah Frances Cole 1
- Myers, Robert 1
- National League of Pen Women. Arkansas Branch 1
- Orton, Marion, 1928-2011 1
- Ozark Writers and Artists Guild 1
- Preston, William E. 1
- Republican Party (Ark.) 1
- Rutherford, Joseph Robinson, 1826-1904 1
- Schroeder, D. Kay 1
- Smith, Maggie Aldridge, 1913-2006 1
- South by Southwest Books (Fayetteville, Ark.) 1
- Sulphur Springs Home Demonstration Club (Sulphur City, Ark.) 1
- Thompson, JoAnn W., 1932- 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1
- Valentino, Carmen D. 1
- Wilson, John Peel, 1806-1904 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1
- Wood, Roberta C. 1 ∧ less