Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
"Minutes of the Little Rock Association of Regular Baptists,: Held at Salem Church, Clark County, Arkansas Territory, on the first Saturday in November, 1825." Little Rock, William E. Woodruff, Printer.
One-page "Rules of decorum" followed by proceedings of monthly "conference" of the congregation, October 2, 1830 - July 1839. Record is incomplete, with pages wanting.
Letter from I. C. Brickey, Corresponding Secretary, Batesville (Independence County), 18 December 1851, to William C. Buck, Corresponding Secretary, Bible Board, Nashville, Tennessee, concerning action of the Executive Board of the White River, Arkansas, Baptist Convention.
The collection consists of papers relating to the Frost and Boone families of Tennessee and Arkansas, particularly property and financial records. Also included are records pertaining to estates administered by Thomas Wright Frost, and records relating to the Regular Baptist Church of Washington County, Arkansas.
Membership register; minutes of meetings, May 1892 to Aug. 1926; incoming correspondence; memoranda of proceedings; program; resolution, Feb. 5, 1881 and Apr. 1894 to Aug. 1926; and other records, most of which are dated from the period 1892-1926, pertaining to affairs of the local Goshen Baptist Church congregation and of the Fayetteville Missionary Baptist Association.
The collection consists of materials pertaining to the Johnson family of Washington County, Arkansas, and to family homes (particularly the Johnson House in Johnson, Ark.) and a family business (the Johnson Mill), as well as to Johnson Baptist Church and to local politics and elections. Materials include photographs, business records, property records, autograph books, correspondence, and clippings.
History of the Magnet Cove Missionary Baptist Church, 1868-1968, compiled from the Church records by Clara A. Golden.
"One Hundred Years Ago" and "Beginnings," by James Sterling Rogers, circa 1932. Handwritten accounts of Baptists in Fourche and Little Rock.
Materials in the collection includes correspondence, board meeting minutes, membership lists, financial records, and photographs.
Richland Baptist Church minutes of meetings, Dec. 1871 to May 1890 and Oct. 1893; declaration of faith, articles of church government, resolution, rules of order, membership register, n.d., letters dismissory received Sept. 1897 and Nov. 9, 1901; pertaining to affairs of congregation.
Materials in this collection include minutes books.
The West Fork (Arkansas) Regular Baptist Church Records were collected in two accessions. The first accession consists of photocopies of a transcript of church records from 1830-1849 and a photocopy of an annual session of the Zion Church.
The second accession consists of a transcript of the West Fork Church's minutes from 1850.
- Subject: Baptists -- Arkansas X
- Religion -- Arkansas 8
- Baptist associations 3
- Deeds -- Arkansas -- Washington County 2
- Washington County (Ark.) 2
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 1
- Authors -- Arkansas 1
- Benton County (Ark.) 1
- Boone County (Ark.) 1
- Business records -- Arkansas 1
- Cotton trade 1
- Elaine Massacre, Elaine, Ark., 1919 1
- Fayetteville (Ark.) 1
- Johnson (Ark.) 1
- Judges -- Arkansas 1
- Lawyers -- Arkansas 1
- Little Rock (Ark.) 1
- Malvern (Ark.) 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Arkansas 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets, American -- Arkansas 1
- Siloam Springs (Ark.) 1
- Springdale (Ark.) 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville -- Faculty 1
- West Fork (Ark.) 1
- Women authors, American -- Arkansas 1
- Women lawyers 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Warren, Lloyd Oliver, 1915-2014 5
- Arkansas Missionary Baptists 3
- Baker, Russell Pierce 2
- South by Southwest Books (Fayetteville, Ark.) 2
- Arkansas. Supreme Court 1
- Brickey, I. C. 1
- Brough, Anne Wade Roark, 1880-1958 1
- Brough, Charles Hillman, 1876-1935 1
- Couch, Harvey Crowley, 1877-1941 1
- Cravens, Fadjo (William Fadjo), 1929-2012 1
- Dearing, Joe 1
- Estes, Edward 1
- Frost, Debra J. 1
- Frost, Donn L. 1
- Frost, Thomas Wright, 1813-1916 1
- Futrall, John C. (John Clinton), 1873-1939 1
- Goshen Baptist Church (Washington County, Ark.) 1
- Gray, Lynn 1
- Harding, Arthur M. (Arthur McCracken), 1884-1947 1
- Hudson, I.W. 1
- Johnson family 1
- Kitchens, Benton Mackie 1
- Little Rock Association of Regular Baptists 1
- Magnet Cove Missionary Baptist Church 1
- National League of Pen Women. Arkansas Branch 1
- Ozark Writers and Artists Guild 1
- Prichard, Anne 1
- Providence Baptist Church (Fayetteville, Ark.) 1
- Richland Baptist Church (Madison County, Ark.) 1
- Robinson, Joseph Taylor, 1872-1937 1
- Rogers, James Sterling 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Roy, Elsijane Trimble, 1916-2007 1
- Smith, Maggie Aldridge, 1913-2006 1
- Union Baptist Church (Boone County, Ark.) 1
- United States. Circuit Court (8th Circuit) 1
- Virginia-District of Columbia Boundary Commission 1
- West Fork Regular Baptist Church (Ark.) 1
- White River Baptist Church (Washington County, Ark.) 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1 ∧ less