Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Faubus Oral History Interview Project Materials contains notes, transcripts, newspaper clippings, photocopied reproductions of archival materials, and tape cassette recordings of interviews that were conducted as part of Tom Wagy's project. The materials are divided into three series and are arranged according to original order.
The FBI files pertain to Orval Eugene Faubus' controversial attendance at Commonwealth College, Mena, Arkansas in 1935; integration of Public Schools in Little Rock, Arkansas, and Governor Faubus' contempt of court; and two separate extortion investigations, 1958 and 1964.
The files are photocopies of serials 855, 933, 937, 971, and 990 from Bureau File No. 4412284. They pertain to contempt of court actions stemming from the integration crisis, and are composed mostly of interviews.
- Names: United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation X
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 2
- School integration -- Arkansas -- Little Rock 2
- Civil Rights -- Arkansas -- Little Rock 1
- Communism -- United States 1
- Governmental investigations -- Arkansas 1
- Lawyers -- Arkansas 1
- Mena (Ark.) 1
- School integration -- Arkansas 1
- Socialism and education -- Arkansas 1
- Universities and colleges -- Arkansas 1 ∧ less
- Commonwealth College (Mena, Ark.) 2
- Central High School (Little Rock, Ark.) 1
- Faubus, Orval Eugene, 1910-1994 1
- Smith, Stephen A., 1949- 1
- Wagy, Tom, 1946- 1
- Woodrow, Arley Ray, 1895-1983 1 ∧ less