Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The letter is written in ink on lined stationery of the Headquarters, Republican State Committee, Arkansas, dated from Little Rock, Oct. 21st, addressed to Hon. S. Fessenden in New York, and apologizes for the later return of a dispatch.
Papers created by plaintiffs' attorneys during the Arkansas Civil Liberties Union's successful challenge of that state's creation science law (Act 501) of 1981. The material consists of legal documents, correspondence, notes, and research files.
A letter written by Augustus Hill Garland, written on the stationery of the United States Senate Chamber, Washington, October 31, 1877. The collection consists of a note written in ink on a sheet of lined paper torn across the middle. The address of the Senate Chamber is printed in Gothic type at the upper right.
The senator is apparently writing to confirm the date of his service as Governor of Arkansas. The note is addressed to Frank Thomas Esq.
The letter is typewritten on University stationery, with the address of the President’s Office. The typewriter used a purple ribbon. Signed in ink. Hartzog replies to a letter from Irving Reinberger of Pine Bluff, assuring him that his request for a dormitory room for his son.
The collection consists of speeches, campaign materials, newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, and other materials, primarily regarding the Madison County, Arkansas political career of Albert King and reflecting King's involvement with Carl E. Bailey and Orval Faubus' gubernatorial campaigns.
Legal documents pertaining to transactions made through the various courts of Chicot, Phillips, Johnson, and Calhoun counties of Arkansas. Included are materials related to Berry Cason, a law enforcement officer of Columbia, Chicot County, in 1854.
- Names: Smith, Stephen A., 1949- X
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 4
- Chicot County (Ark.) 1
- Communication -- Political aspects 1
- Communism -- United States 1
- Court records 1
- Creationism 1
- Creationism -- Study and teaching -- Law and legislation -- Arkansas 1
- Freedom of speech 1
- Governors -- Arkansas 1
- Huntsville (Ark.) 1
- Kingston (Ark.) 1
- Lawyers -- Arkansas 1
- Madison County (Ark.) 1
- Political campaigns -- Arkansas 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – Administration 1 ∧ less
- Faubus, Orval Eugene, 1910-1994 2
- Smith, Lindsley 2
- Arkansas Archives of Public Communication 1
- Bailey, Carl E. (Carl Edward), 1894-1948 1
- Bumpers, Dale 1
- Cearley, Robert E., Jr. 1
- Clayton, Powell, 1833-1914 1
- Clinton, Bill, 1946- 1
- Fulbright, J. William (James William), 1905-1995 1
- Garland, A. H. (Augustus Hill), 1832-1899 1
- Hammerschmidt, John Paul, 1922-2013 1
- Hartzog, Henry S. (Henry Simms), 1866-1953 1
- King, Albert (William Albert), 1899-1966 1
- McDougal, Jim, 1940-1998 1
- Pryor, David, 1934- 1
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation 1
- Woodrow, Arley Ray, 1895-1983 1 ∧ less