Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials include a research file pertaining to Arkansas African-American composers William Grant Still, Florence Price, and Scott Joplin. In addition, the collection contains materials and newspaper clippings concerning music related events and groups at the University of Arkansas.
The papers consist of correspondence of Price and of her daughter, Florence Price Robinson, diary fragments, programs, photographs and microfilm. In addition there are the research files of Mary Dengler Hudgins on Price. The papers also include musical scores. These are arranged according to keyboard, voice, string, and symphonic works.
Materials pertain to both the personal and professional aspects of Florence Price's life. Materials include correspondence, event announcements, music programs, and a wide array of musical compositions. The papers also include remnants of an early literary manuscript wriiten by Price.
- Names: Price, Florence, 1887-1953 X
- African American women composers 4
- African American composers 1
- Communism -- United States 1
- Dreams 1
- Gatwood, Darrell 2
- Gatwood, Vicki 2
- Robinson, Bridget 2
- Arvey, Verna, 1910-1987 1
- Blake, Eubie, 1887-1983 1
- Chapin, Katherine Garrison, 1890-1977 1
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977 1
- Cullen, Countee, 1903-1946 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Handy, W. C. (William Christopher), 1873-1958 1
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 1
- Jackson, Barbara Garvey 1
- Locke, Alain, 1885-1954 1
- Robinson, Florence Price 1
- Still, William Grant, 1895-1978 1 ∧ less