Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The letter is written in ink on two sides of a sheet of Bellows-Reeve stationery. The only date is Nov 3. In it CJF describes an affair he attended in Washington honoring authors of juvenile books. Wilbur Stone was a friend of Finger's who had a collection of early writing for juveniles.
The papers consist of correspondence, most of which pertains to Charles J. Finger, and some to his daughter, illustrator Helen Finger Leflar. Also included are Finger's diaries, notebooks, manuscripts, indexes, and other papers as well as materials by Helen Finger Leflar, Mrs. Charles J. Finger's guest book, clippings, photographs, film, and microfilm. The three indexes, prepared by Finger on index cards, comprise an index of his bibliography, and one each on music and literature.
Typed letter, signed, dated "Septr 27th/Gayeta [i.e., Fayetteville, Ark.]", to Lessie [Stringfellow] R[ead], regarding Charles [Morrow?] Wilson, Charles Joseph Finger's literary activities, and his views on the U.S. National Recovery Administration and Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
The papers pertain mainly to the correspondence of James Keddie and Charles J. Finger from 1931-1934. Also included is a letter from H. F. Livingstone, granddaughter of David Livingstone, to Charles J. Finger, 1939, and various articles by Finger.
The papers consist of letters from Charles J. Finger to his friend Wilbur M. Stone; one letter from Helen Finger to Wilbur M. Stone, (1941); two photographs of Finger, (one with his daughter, Helen Finger); clippings; and miscellaneous.
This collection consists of correspondence, newspaper and magazine clippings, and photographs.
Materials related to Arkansas history and Arkansas writers, as collected by Clara B. Kennan, as well as a promotional flier for a book by Kennan.
The Helen Finger Leflar Papers consist of three items originally owned by her father, Charles J. Finger. Of greatest note is a framed 1836 letter from Washington Irving.
Scrapbook containing clippings, notes, photographs, mainly of Reynolds's friends in Fayetteville, particularly the "Spider and Skillet Club" (a group formed for hiking and cookouts.) Includes booklet on Niloak pottery; postcards of the university, Hot Springs, and St. Louis; souvenir viewbook of the university.
Research materials compiled by Elizabeth Findley Shores as part of her work on a biography of Arkansas writer Charles J. Finger.
- Names: Finger, Charles Joseph, 1869-1941 X
- Authors -- Arkansas 10
- Authors, American 2
- Composers -- Arkansas 1
- Fayetteville (Ark.) 1
- Hot Springs (Ark.) 1
- Music -- Arkansas 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets, American -- Arkansas 1
- Pottery -- Arkansas 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1 ∧ less
- Leflar, Helen Finger, 1912-1991 3
- Keddie, James, 1907-1983 2
- Powell, Laurence 2
- Aiken, Conrad, 1889-1973 1
- Aldington, Richard, 1892-1962 1
- Baerg, Eloise Farris, 1904-1997 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Cournos, John, 1881-1966 1
- Dale, Edward E. 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 1
- Fletcher, John Gould, 1886-1950 1
- Freund, Louis, 1905-1999 1
- Gill, Eric, 1882-1940 1
- Goodrich, David L. 1
- Goodrich, Lloyd, 1897-1987 1
- Greer, Scott A. 1
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 1
- Holmes, John Clellon, 1926-1988 1
- Howard S. Mott, Inc. (Sheffield, Mass.) 1
- Hudgins, Mary Dengler, 1901-1987 1
- Joplin, Scott, 1868-1917 1
- Keddie, Lucy 1
- Kennan, Clara B. 1
- Lewis, Troy Wilson, 1882-1956 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Lottinville, Savoie, 1906-1997 1
- Lowell, Amy, 1874-1925 1
- Monroe, Harriet, 1860-1936 1
- Niloak Pottery Company 1
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 1
- Randolph, Vance, 1892-1980 1
- Read, Lessie Stringfellow, 1891-1971 1
- Readers Quarry (Woodstock, N.Y.) 1
- Reynolds, Margaret 1
- Robinson, Edwin Arlington, 1869-1935 1
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 1
- Shores, Elizabeth F. 1
- Simon, Charlie May Hogue, 1897-1977 1
- South by Southwest Books (Fayetteville, Ark.) 1
- Templeton, Fay, 1865-1939 1
- Terry, Adolphine Fletcher, 1882-1976 1
- United States. National Recovery Administration 1
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 1
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977 1
- Van Doren, Mark, 1894-1972 1
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 1 ∧ less