Holman Richmond Papers
Scope and Content Note
Items in this collection include papers from Richmond's days as a student at the University of Arkansas, and photographs and post cards acquired by Richmond while a soldier in France during World War I.
- Richmond, Holman, 1890-1964 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
Holman Richmond (1890-1964) grew up in Fort Smith (Sebastian County) and graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1913 with a degree in mechanical engineering. When the United States entered World War I, Richmond enlisted in the army and was sent overseas to France, where he collected many photographs and other items as mementos of his participation.
0.5 Linear Feet (2 Boxes)
Arrangement of the Papers
Material is arranged and described in two series:
- Series 1. Papers.
- Series 2. Photographs and Post Cards.
- Series 2. Subseries 1. Photographs 1-7.
- Series 2. Subseries 2. Photographs 8-15.
- Series 2. Subseries 3. Photographs 16-61.
- Series 2. Subseries 4. Photographs 62-116.
- Series 2. Subseries 5. Photographs 117-137.
- Series 2. Subseries 6. Photographs 138-156.
- Series 2. Subseries 7. Photographs 157-179.
- Series 2. Subseries 8. La Guerre, Documents De La Section Photographique De L'armée.
The Holman Richmond Papers were donated to the Special Collections Department by his daughter, Elise R. Vinzant of Fayetteville, Arkansas, in February 1968.
Processed by Susan Lynn Parks; completed in May 1988
- Holman Richmond Papers
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.