Women's Civic Club Scrapbooks
Scope and Content Note
Compiled by Gertrude Thomas, a historian of the Women's Civic Club, the two volumes contain the records of activities from the beginning of the club, October 24, 1934 until February 15, 1976. The scrapbooks contain the club's constitution and by-laws, minutes, correspondence, programs pertaining to the club's events, newspaper clippings, and a photograph.
- Women's Civic Club (Fayetteville, Ark.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The club was organized by the Wednesday Club of Fayetteville and other local women's groups with the motto "Charity and Culture." Its primary purpose was to provide an adequate city library building and to aid in other civic enterprises, mainly helping to protect and preserve Fayetteville's historic buildings and encouraging its beautification. It also helped with the expansion of the City Hospital, aided the Girl Scout program, helped to establish the All-Seasons Trail through Fayetteville, and supported the purchase of the Tebbetts house by the Washington County Historical Society.
2.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
The Women's Civic Club scrapbooks were donated to Special Collections by the Fayetteville Public Library, Fayetteville, Arkansas, on June 4, 1993.
The scrapbooks were originally accessioned as part of a group of materials pertaining to Washington County history donated to Special Collections by the Fayetteville Public Library.
Processed by Vera Ekechukwu, December 1995. Special Collections Division, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Women's Civic Club Scrapbooks
- Vera Ekechukwu
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.