Pratt C. Remmel Arkansas State Republican Party Archive
Scope and Content Note
MS, TS, TS Copy, Proc TS, PR, Photo.
Correspondence, reports, minutes of proceedings, lists, scrapbooks, photographs, broadsides and other printed materials, mostly dated 1896-1933, pertaining to the activities of the Republican party in Arkansas.
Correspondents from whom or to whom one or more letters are received or addressed include: Bernie Smade Babcock, Milton Drew Bowers, Charles Hillman Brough, William Morgan Butler, Gordon Hensley Campbell Thaddeus Horatius Caraway, Powell Clayton, Osro Cobb, Henry M. Cooper, Harvey Crowley Couch, James Phillip Eagle, Dwight David Eisenhower, Franklin William Fort John Wellington Grabiel, Warren Gamaliel Harding, Benjamin Harrison, Will H. Hays, Jesse Smith Henley, Rush LaMotte Holland, Cooper Hudspeth, William Noah Ivie, Scipio Africanus Jones, Frank Orren Lowden, William McKinley, George Leonard Mallory, John Ellis Martineau Harry Hilton Myers, Harvey Parnell, Gifford Pinchot, Heartsill Ragon, Augustus Caleb Remmel, Harmon Liveright Remmel, Pratt Cates Remmel, Roland Rowes Remmel, Andrew Jackson Russell, Harold Edward Stassen, Robert Alphonso Taft, Wallace Townsend, Jacob Trieber, John Marvin Wade, James Eli Watson, Otis Theodore Wingo.
[For table of contents of microfilmed issues of The Arkansas State Republican, 1900-1933, see appendix finding aid.]
- Majority of material found within 1896-1933
- Remmel, Pratt C. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are primarily in English
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
Use Restrictions Apply: Series 4 items 1 and 3 extremely fragile, requiring careful handling.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
9 Linear Feet (13 Boxes, 7 Volumes, and 1 Oversize Folder)
Arrangement of the Papers
Arranged in 6 series; described in series and sub-series descriptions supported by file title inventories and container lists.
- Series 1. Correspondence and other records pertaining to the work of the state country committees, to appointments and endorsements, and to other activities.
- Series 1. Sub-series 1. Pulaski County committee.
- Series 1. Sub-series 2. Other county committees.
- Series 1. Sub-series 3. Appointments, endorsements.
- Series 1. Sub-series 4. State committee meetings and other activities.
- Series 2.Correspondence and other records pertaining to national, state, county, and district conventions and to election campaigns and candidacies.
- Series 2. Sub-series 1. State, local.
- Series 2. Sub-series 2. National.
- Series 3 Voter rolls, membership rosters, lists of contributors, and related records.
- Series 4. Scrapbooks.
- Series 5. Photographs.
- Series 6. Printed records, miscellaneous correspondence, and ephemera.
The Pratt C. Remmel Arkansas State Republican Party Archive was donated to the Special Collections Division by Tom W. Dillard of Little Rock, Arkansas in December 1975, and Pratt Cates Remmel of Little Rock, Arkansas in June 1976.
Processed by Samuel Sizer; completed August 1978.
- Pratt C. Remmel Arkansas State Republican Party Archive
- Samuel Sizer
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.