Altrusa Club of Fayetteville Records
Scope and Content Note
The records consist of scrapbooks, yearbooks, miscellaneous printed material, and two videotapes. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, photographs, newsletters, bulletins, letters, and other material pertaining to the club's activities.
- Altrusa Club of Fayetteville (Ark.) (Corporate Entity)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The first national organization of business and professional women, Altrusa Institute, was organized at Nashville, Tennessee, on April 1917. The purpose of Altrusa is to help executive business and professional women to work together to promote their common interests. Mamie L. Bass was the Altrusa Institute's first national president. Altrusa became International in June 1935. The Altrusa Club of Fayetteville, organized in November 1939 and chartered in February 1940, is the second oldest in the state of Arkansas. Sue Garrett Keller served as the first president of the club.
4.75 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
Arrangement of the Papers
Materials are arranged by format; scrapbooks are further arranged chronologically. Supplemental papers are contained in box 6.
The Altrusa Club of Fayetteville Records were donated to the Special Collections Department by Christine Bell of Fayetteville, Arkansas, on June 13, 1991.
Processed by Vera Ekechukwu, Special Collections Division, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville, Arkansas, in January 1999.
- Altrusa Club of Fayetteville Records
- Vera Ekechukwu
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.