Arkansas Missionary Baptist Records
Scope and Content Note
Minutes and proceedings, yearbooks, directories, clippings, histories and other material, 1857-1970, pertaining to Arkansas Missionary Baptists and to related Baptist groups for the period 1840-1970. (355 items pertain to congregations, district and state-wide associations and other organizations of Missionary Baptists in Arkansas; in addition, 29 items pertain to national organizations of Missionary Baptists, 25 items pertain to Missionary Baptists in states other than Arkansas, 11 items pertain to the related Primitive Baptists in Arkansas, and 16 items pertain to organizations affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Note on source: Most of the material in Series 1-8 is printed; xeroxed copy of materials loaned by donor is indicated by an asterisk following donor name; material transcribed by donor from original documents not obtainable is indicated by a hash (#) following donor name.
- Arkansas Missionary Baptists (Corporate Entity)
Language of Materials
Materials are primarily in English
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
5.5 Linear Feet (7 boxes and 1 tube)
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is organized into 10 series:
- Series 1. Proceedings of the several Arkansas [district] associations of Missionary Baptist churches. 277 items. PR, Proc PR, TS.
- Series 2. Proceedings of Arkansas [district] Associations of Primitive Baptist churches. 11 items. PR, Proc PR.
- Series 3. Proceedings of Arkansas [district] Associations Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. 13 items. PR, Proc PR.
- Series 4. Proceedings of the several Arkansas State-wide Organizations of Missionary Baptists. 51 items. PR.
- Series 5. Histories of the several Arkansas District Associations and Local Congregations of Missionary Baptists. 10 items. PR, Proc PR, Proc TS.
- Series 6. Histories of an Arkansas Women's Organization, an Arkansas Association of Churches, and an Arkansas Congregation Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. 3 items. PR, Proc PR.
- Series 7. Proceedings of District and State-wide Associations of non-Arkansas Missionary Baptist Churches. 25 items. PR, Proc PR.
- Series 8. Directories, Proceedings, and Yearbooks of National Organizations of Missionary Baptists. 29 items. PR.
- Series 9. Miscellaneous Material. 14 items. Proc MS, Proc PR, TS, Proc TS.
- Series 10. Bound Volumes of Proceedings. 3 items. MS.
The bulk of the Arkansas Missionary Baptist Records were donated to Special Collections by Russell P. Baker of Glenwood, Ark., circa 1968-1969, and by Prof. Lloyd O. Warren, Dept. of Entomology, circa 1969-1970. Some materials were transferred from Special Collections' Arkansas Collection; one item was purchased from South by Southwest Books. Specific acquisition information has been indicated at the item level.
Note on source: Most of the material in Series 1-8 is printed; xeroxed copy of materials loaned by donor is indicated by an asterisk following donor name.
Processed by Samuel Sizer; completed September 1970.
- Arkansas Missionary Baptist Records
- Samuel Sizer
- September 1970
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.