Arkansas League of Women Voters Records Addendum
Scope and Content Note
This is an addendum to the Arkansas League of Women Voters Records (MC 476). For background information and a complete listing of material from the League, refer to the finding aid for that collection. See also Addendum II (MC 966).
This portion contains correspondence, annual reports, reference material, and clippings. Most of the papers are in subject files containing both correspondence and reference material.
- League of Women Voters of Arkansas (Corporate Entity)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The League of Women Voters was founded in 1920 as a nonpartisan organization to inform the electorate and increase citizen participation in government. Organization in Arkansas apparently began as early as the 1920s, but it was not until the early 1950s that a concerted effort resulted in official recognition of the League of Women Voters of Arkansas in 1955. Provisional and Local Leagues have been organized since that time. Special Collections is the repository of records for the state organization as well as some local units.
1 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Arrangement of the Papers
Materials are arranged alphabetically by topic.
Peg Anderson of Fayetteville (Washington County), Arkansas, donated the papers of the Arkansas League of Women Voters to Special Collections on April 25, 1989.
Prepared by Susan Lynn Parks, Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville, Arkansas, in May 1989.
- Arkansas League of Women Voters Records Addendum
- Susan Lynn Parks
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.