Elizabeth Paisley Huckaby Records Pertaining to the Integration of Central High School, Little Rock, Arkansas
Scope and Content Note
The journals, correspondence, notes, school bulletins, memoranda, reports, interview transcripts, programs, school handbook, school directories and other material in this collection were created or collected by Mrs. Huckaby in the course of her administrative duties or as the result of her personal experiences during the academic year 1957-1958.
The collection also contains two drafts, rough and revised, of Huckaby's book, Crisis At Central High: Little Rock 1957-1958, published by the Louisiana State University Press in 1980.
- Huckaby, Elizabeth Paisley (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
Elizabeth Paisley Huckaby was associated with Central High School in Little Rock for thirty nine years. She began her career at Central High School as an English teacher in 1930 and in 1954 assumed the additional responsibility of Vice Principal for Girls. During the first year of integration at Central High School, 1957-1958, Huckaby devoted most of her time to administrative responsibilities.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Arrangement of the Papers
Materials are arranged in three series.
- Series 1. Personal Records, 1957-1958
- Series 2. Records Pertaining to Teaching and Administrative Duties at Central High School, (1957-1958) ... 1963
- Series 3. Crisis at Central High: Little Rock 1957–1958 manuscript notes and drafts
Elizabeth Paisley Huckaby donated her papers to Special Collections on January 29, 1982.
Processed by Nan Ernst; completed in October 1990.
Finding aid updated by Katrina Windon in July 2018 to include Series 3.
- Elizabeth Paisley Huckaby Records Pertaining to the Integration of Central High School, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Nan Ernst
- October 1990
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.