Central High School (Little Rock, Ark.)
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Scrapbooks pertain to Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) minister Colbert S. Cartwright's involvement with race relations in Little Rock (Pulaski County), and particularly to the Little Rock Central High Integration Crisis.
Elizabeth Paisley Huckaby Records Pertaining to the Integration of Central High School, Little Rock, Arkansas
The collection consists of copies of the transcriptions of interviews she conducted with Daisy Gatson Bates and Vivion Lenon Brewer, two leaders of the effort to desegregate Central High School. N.B. The transcripts were copied from the Southern Historical Collection, the Library of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and were given to the University of Arkansas Libraries by Ms. Jacoway.
Papers pertain to the participation of Betty E. Lile's husband, R. A. Lile, in the events of the fall of 1957 when attempts to desegregate Central High School in Little Rock resulted in deployment of Federal troops and a major crisis.
The files are photocopies of serials 855, 933, 937, 971, and 990 from Bureau File No. 4412284. They pertain to contempt of court actions stemming from the integration crisis, and are composed mostly of interviews.
Xerox copy of typewritten transcripts of oral history interviews conducted, 1970-1972, by Columbia University's Oral History Research Office.
The papers consist of materials documenting Judge Woods' career from the 1940s to the 1990s, and are arranged in three series. Series 1 contains personal and professional correspondence and other papers and photographs. The bulk of the collection is in Series 2, pertaining to Little Rock school desegregation cases, 1950s-1990s. Series 3 contains papers and videocassettes pertaining to other court cases.
- Civil rights -- Arkansas 3
- Education -- Arkansas 3
- Little Rock (Ark.) 3
- Civil Rights -- Arkansas -- Little Rock 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Arkansas -- Photographs 1
- Arkansas -- Politics and government 1
- Arkansas -- Race relations 1
- Camp Joseph T. Robinson (Ark.) 1
- Conway (Ark.) 1
- Faulkner County (Ark.) 1
- Gambling -- Arkansas 1
- Governors -- Arkansas 1
- Governors -- Arkansas -- Elections 1
- Japanese Americans -- Forced removal and internment, 1942-1945 1
- Judges -- Arkansas 1
- Lawyers -- Arkansas 1
- Little Rock (Ark.) -- Race relations 1
- Log cabins 1
- Mitchellville (Ark.) 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1
- Petit Jean Mountain (Ark.) 1
- Photographers -- Arkansas 1
- Political campaigns -- Arkansas 1
- Roads -- Arkansas 1
- School integration -- Arkansas 1
- Segregation in education 1
- Titan (Missile) 1
- Universities and colleges -- Arkansas 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 1 ∧ less